Absolute Michigan's Michigan Blog
 
Thursday, December 22, 2005

Conclusive Evidence of Cougar Attack Berrien County

The Dowagiac Daily News reports that on Dec. 2, 2005, Berrien County became the first local government unit in Michigan to issue a public safety announcement asking residents to be on the alert for a cougar (mountain lion) and take precautions. A week later, the Michigan Wildlife Conservancy and local authorities investigated an attack on a Watervliet horse by a cougar that occurred on the night of Nov. 26. They found clear-cut evidence, including distinct claw marks and tooth punctures, that indicated the horse was attacked by a cougar.

Read More (external link) »

# posted by farlane @ 9:43 AM
Comments:
I grew up in Norhwest Indiana, I still see in my mind the video of a cougar I know I saw as a small child. It was just off the yard of my parents, no more than 50 ft. if even that.

I am 35 years old now, and I must have been 4-6 years old when this occurred. I even said "here kitty kitty" to it. I have always claimed this but the story was never taken seriously by family until recent possible sightings & DNA evidence where talked about in the news. Years later, I also saw a Bobcat in the area if that is of any interest.

Anyway, I know these big cats have been in the area for some time based on my experience. Now that there is acutal proof, they are a threat? Did I get attacked? Nope.
My question is, what were they the last 20 unproven years while existing ghostly in the area?
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 4:58 AM  
Post a Comment



<< Home
Click to subscribe to Dig Michigan blog from Absolute Michigan: >Click to Subscribe to the Absolute Michigan blog feed
Click to subscribe to the Michigan Blog: >Click to Subscribe to the Absolute Michigan blog feed

LCI Web Development
Leelanau Communications, Inc. provides web development and internet consulting for businesses and nonprofit organizations. We have created over 400 web sites and are experience in deploying web technologies to integrate with the way you do business. We made this site and can make yours too!

Add a Link
Sponsorship
About Absolute Michigan

Search Absolute Michigan

Arts & Entertainment :: Business :: Community :: Food & Dining :: Homes & Real Estate :: Lodging & Travel :: Media & Internet :: Recreation :: Shopping
Dig Michigan Blog :: Articles :: Michigan by County Map :: Search Michigan :: New Links :: Add a Link! :: About Us :: Michigan Pictures
Absolute Michigan :: Northeast Michigan :: Northwest Michigan :: Southeast Michigan :: Southwest Michigan :: Upper Peninsula

email: absolutemichigan@gmail.com :: webdesign by leelanau.com

© 2006 Leelanau Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved.